Hello everyone, how are we? I am going to blog about happiness today. Happiness is subjective. Everyone wants to be happy but not every is happy. The followings are my steps to Happiness.
- Know your goals. “A goal without a plan is just a wish”. I have a little corner in my room where I have my goal clearly written as I re-evaluate them every 3 months. I am also clear on things that I have to do in order to achieve those goals. I personally find that achieving my own goals can be very fulfilling.
- Have close friends who share the same values and value the time spent together. There is nothing worse than spending time with so called ‘friends’ who always belittle you, envious about your achievements. I had cut out negative people in my life and I have to say that is one of the best decisions that I have made in a long while. It was hard to start with, but the effort is worthwhile. I am now happier that I am spending more time with positive and inspiring friends. “True friends…..Face in the same direction, towards common projects, interests, goals”C.S. Lewis.
- Live within or below your means. Financial stress as a result of overspending can be awful. I have set a monthly budget for the household and keeping track on my spending and that has helped to prevent overspending. Since I have adapted the minimalism lifestyle, I also spend less compared to what I used to. “Live below your means but within your needs” Suze Orman.
- Be physically active. This is a challenge for me I have to say, but, my favourite activity is walking. my aim is to walk 10,000 steps in a day which I can easily achieved. I will do brisk walking on my days off around my neighbourhood.
- Mindfulness/meditation. Be inspired by others is always my everyday goal. I love seeing other people succeed in life. I love celebrating success with them. I am achieving it by listening to TEDTALK everyday. In addition, I also listen to other religious podcasts that suit me.
Thanks for reading, I hope this post will help you in finding some happiness in life.