Hi Everyone, I hope it is not too late to blog about my 2017 new year resolution. I am a little late in writing this post because I actually want to prioritise what I really want in life that I am almost 30 years old. I always write down what I want to achieve long term and short term. I guess goal setting has helped me achieve my goals faster. It keeps my motivated most days and being able to focus on my goals instead of asking myself, ‘what do I really want in life’. I don’t like surprises, I like things planned as I know what to do when things don’t go well, as I will have plan B and plan C available.
- Minimalism-Being a minimalist is my top one resolution for this year. I am a hoarder and collector. I can recall throwing out/donating so much clothing every time I move move from one place to another. Even though I am now settled in Melbourne, I have to donate/giveaway bags/clothing that I no longer wear. I spent 2 weeks decluttering my clothing, bags, skincare, makeup stash and gave away quite a lot of it. Therefore, I have come to a conclusion that I am becoming a minimalist. I found out that there is actually more joy to be found owing less than pursuing more. I will share my experience with all of you after a few months and the outcome of it. Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegances–Coco Chanel
- The happiness project-Everyone wants to be happy, but, people find happiness in different things. I actually sat down and think through what actually makes me happy. I listed a few things and concluded that I have taken little things in life for granted. I am starting my happiness project and that is to find at least one thing that makes me happy every day. Furthermore, I am also going to focus on an event every week and blog about it. The best things in life are free, the second best are very expensive–Coco Chanel.
- Skincare goals-Most of you know I spend quite a bit on skincare and I just love my skincare. However, I have stashes and stashes of new skincare under the sink in 2 bathrooms. Therefore, I am on a skincare and make up ban this year. I am not allowing myself to buy any skincare until I finish them and could not find a new one in my stash. It will be a new experience shopping for new skincare under my bathroom sinks. LOL. I will make one exception here and that is I am allowed to buy skincare when I travel to Japan in May. Beautiful skin starts with exceptional skincare–Philosophy.
- Hair care/body care-I have thin and fine hair which is very frustrating because I can only get a good hair day out of 365 days. I could not stand it anymore and had a keratin treatment done at a salon. It was recommended that I don’t use sulphate based shampoo as the treatment will last as long. I was like, ok, that is a revelation for me because it actually forces me to use more natural, plant based shampoo. I am currently using A’kin, an Australian made and owned, 100% vegan. Parabens, sulfates, ethoxylated cleansers,silicones, mineral oil, phthalates, DEA and artificial colours or fragrances FREE hair products which I enjoy very much. I guess I have found my favourite shampoo and conditioner for now. I am not buying any body wash/lotions because I have tons of them as well, I will have to start shopping under my bathroom sinks. Thank you very much.
- Diet-I am aiming to prepare mostly plant based home cooked meals. Drastic cut on sugar coated breakfast cereals, junk food, carbonated drinks. NOON!!! I am starting a healthy breakfast project where I will make my own granola for breakfast. I will also be adding more grains into our diet. Cutting down on dairy is another goal but that is actually hard to achieve for now, but we will try.
Thanks for reading, what are your New Year Resolutions for 2017?