This is one of my first blog entry, I am kind of nervous and excited at the same time as I hvnt been blogging for a while.
As an introduction, I would like to say something about my skin. I do not have good skin due to several reasons.
1) Being too confident and too lazy during my younger days and I was living in Adelaide for 4 years and that I never use moisturisers. As we all know, the weather is really dry in Adelaide, thus my skin aged a lot during those years I lived in Adelaide, I did not even use serum as well. Skincare shopping is something I never did during my uni years as I have no time to shop and I was not really interested in my skin during those days. I regret now as my skin was so dehydrated that my mum said you should do something to your skin and I started realising my face is really dehydrated and dull.
2) Too much sun exposure aka not using sun block. The one thing I hate about sun block is that it gets too oily at the end of the day. So i ended up with a lot of freckles which I find annoying. HyperPigmentation is so hard to get rid of. I am still in the process of getting rid of them without having to go through cosmetic surgery/laser.
Disclaimer: the products I’ve used and had not worked for me did not mean that the products were not good, it just did not suit me, that’s all.
I started using Lancome’s Advanced Genifique last year and I have noticed a significant change with my skin. It helps restore youthfulness by improving the appearance of 10 clinical signs of ageing. I am using my 2nd bottle as we speak. I have noticed my skin is hydrated, much more radiant than before. I cannot comment on the fine lines as I don’t have any. However, the first step of getting rid of fine lines is to have well hydrated skin.
Secondly, I used to use Lancome’s Dreamtone (The website says it can correct dark spots, uneven skin tone, blemish scars, etc and that caught my attention as freckles=uneven skin tone, dark spots) (One of their latest product, launched in Australia last November, will launched in Malaysia this July/August as per the SA). I did not notice any changes in my freckles getting fairer after using it religiously day and night. I was a little disappointed with it. However, I have to say my skin is hydrated and smooth. My complexion improved, but my freckles is still there. Thus, I am not repurchasing it although I have already finished one bottle.
The next serum I have tried is Kiehl’s clearly corrective dark spot solution. I have used 2 bottles of those already. I have sensed a little whitening effect on my freckles but the effect is just too slow. Thus, I am not repurchasing them again. It is highly filled with Vitamin C which has whitening component and antioxidant. This products is easily absorbed and does not leave the skin oily. I absolutely love this product because it is natural with no added chemicals. At night, I pair it with Midnight recovery serum. It works wonders.
Last but not least, the ultimate Midnight recovery concentrate. I call it ‘8 hours sleep in a bottle. I love it because it is 99.8% naturally derived and paraben free. I normally use 3 drops after my serum and lock it in with moisturiser. You will wake up beautiful. I started loving face oil and I do believe in the magic of essential oil, especially those natural ones. IN order to have a perfect face, the water and oil need to be balanced. It is useless to apply water based product if you face is lack of oil. Excessive amount of oil will also kill your skin. So, there key word is, balanced. It is also a skin saver when I do night shift.
Prices as follow
1) Lancome Advanced Genifique 50mls $130
2) Lancome Dreamtone 40 mls $115
3) Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution 30mls $67
4) Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate 30mls $61
Thanks for reading.